Sunday, June 11, 2017

Cabrillo Beach Harken #3, May 20th- 21st 2017

On the week-end of May 20th-21st, my brother and I raced at Harken #3 in Cabrillo Beach California. Cabrillo Beach Yacht Club's venue (CBYC), was pretty windy and since it is a very shallow venue, we had to sail in big chop. This can be very penalising in an Opti, due to the bow of the boat being square.

The first day, I was very consistent with scores 5, 2, 3, 2. I was very happy with my day since I was 2nd overall and rounded the top mark  about 20 seconds ahead of the third, during 2 out of 4 races, which is very good.

The second day, my hiking straps broke on the second race which caused me to lose my second place overall and become 3rd. Although having broken my hiking straps (which made me not able to sail at full speed upwind), I was still going faster than most people which made me very happy. Overall this was definitely my favorite Harken regattas.

A special congratulations to my brother Yann for finishing every race on the second day of racing even with winds going up to 23 knots!



This is the system I set up to continue racing after my hiking strap failure:


My ripped hiking straps:


 My award for being 2nd Red Fleeter (age group):



No comments:

Post a Comment