Thursday, June 15, 2017

Bays #1, 10th and 11th of June 2017 @ Richmond Yacht Club

On the week-end of the 10th and the 11th of June I competed in the Summer Bays first event at Richmond Yacht Club. The conditions went from 2 knots up to 15 knots. This made most sailors adjust their sails a lot. The current was very strong, so strong that to win a race you had to prioritize the current more than anything. As we were sailing in a place that is very shallow, the chop was pretty big, this was also an important factor.

During this event I learned some interesting tricks to sail faster. I learned how to move my body downwind to catch a surf easily. I am looking forward to using it next week-end, during the Heavy Weather Regatta at St Francis Yacht Club. I also tried to win the start every single race, I won the start three races out of eight. This was a hard goal but got me to push the line more. I even got recalled once.

At the end of the event, I was happy because I improved my boat speed in light air. This has always been my weakness. I was surprised that my best race during the regatta was the one with the less wind (I scored 2nd). I also improved my starting technique which will be helpful when I switch class as starting is key to a good race.

I enjoyed sailing at this event, even if I had some pretty bad races and finished 6th overall. This event has always been special to me, as Richmond Yacht Club is the place where I learned to sail Optis. This club is for sure one of the most welcoming clubs in the Bay. I hope to comeback next year in a different class.



The fleet sailing downwind:


The starting line:


 My brother Yann on the line:


 A couple seconds after go:


Proud with my new Team USA rash guard:

10 comments:

  1. Cancun Yacht Charters takes pride in making your yacht rental experience in Cancun personal and unforgettable. Our yachts vary immensely in size, style and function. Our inventory consist of scuba yachts, fishing yachts, luxury yachts, catamarans, and sailing yachts available for charter ranging from 40’ to over 100’ and we strive to make every crewed cancun yacht event uniquely different, covering all the details of your boating experience. Yachting with us means 5-Star Service, bi-lingual valet, catered food and your choice of beverages, customized itineraries and a healthy combination of travel options. Our certified and licensed Captains look forward to delivering you to your destination while a crew caters to your every need during your personal luxury yacht charter. We take satisfaction in exceeding every clients’ expectations and look forward to helping you plan your dream getaway with us. Cancun Boat Rentals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Commercial shipping or freight transport is the first major step to delivering goods to end users. Yacht Repairs

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's give attention to you need to certain research prior to authoring. Will probably be achievable to be able to a lot more attractive post this way. Yachtcharter Karibik

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just admiring your work and wondering how you managed this blog so well. It’s so remarkable that I can't afford to not go through this valuable information whenever I surf the internet!
    Cabo San Lucas yacht Rentals

    ReplyDelete
  5. Professionally composed web journals are uncommon to discover, be that as it may I welcome every one of the focuses specified here. I likewise need to incorporate some other written work abilities which everybody must mindful of. Cruise Cyclades Islands

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to shared this information, really its nice to read about Yacht rental Dubai.

    Yacht Rental Dubai
    Yacht in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much.
    yacht charter croatia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boat Charter Seattle
    At Seattle Yacht Charters Daily, Our highly stylish, luxurious Boat Rental or Boat Charter in Seattle with a combined of top quality service are sure to make your family outing or special event a wonderful one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Private Yacht Charter Cancun
    Want a Private Yacht Charter in Cancun for water sports activities and occasion choices? Yachts Cancun Luxury Charters takes pride in making your Cancun Yacht Rental experience indelible.

    ReplyDelete