Thursday, April 28, 2016

Sailing with Team Cert

On the 24th-27th of March I sailed in a clinic with team Cert, a team build of great sailors. They were in San Francisco to train and learn how the venue works for Team Trials. The reason why I was sailing with such a amazing team is because I was the "the local" so I could share my knowledge of local conditions, I knew about the current,wind, and the wake. I was actually sailing with some of the best sailors in the US, and most of all the number one sailor. This sailor won Team Trials last year and went to Worlds the year before, so he has been in the last two years twice to Worlds, last year he won race number 4. I was so amazed to hear that I was also sailing with the winner of the 2015 USODA PCC. The conditions were kind of light but they got heavier and heavier, towards the end of day #4. We were towing back when the wind picked up, some of the sailors were screaming "this is the beginning of San Andreas!". I had this great opportunity to sail with Cert thanks to my old coach Dan, who is friend with coach Clay. Thanks to Clay I improved my roll-tacks, my pumping on the downwind, and my starts.


A big thank you to coach Clay Johnson for taking me with the team.

Overall I had a great time sailing with one of the best sailing team in the country and improving my Opti skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment