Wednesday, October 22, 2014

RYC Junior Program Season Started


On Sunday October 19th I did my first Opti class of the season. I was happy to meet my friends and amazing coaches Andy Pontious and Paul Mc Millan at the Richmond Yacht Club. In my group they were new kids, so we only did 1 race. I was happy because I won. There was about 10 knots in the bay, the waves were about 9 inch high, and it was normal temperature. My coach told me I was doing really good. I looked really closely at the ones that won in the Pacific Coast Championship and they were always searching for clean air so I did it and won the race. To get clean air you have to have all the boats under you or behind you. Before the race started I made a bet that I would win but my friend said the opposite so however won had to capzise. So I capzised. I am looking forward to the next time. If you want to know more about the Richmond Yacht Club go on http://www.richmondyc.org/.


No comments:

Post a Comment