Sunday, September 28, 2014

First regatta of the season !

This week-end was the best ever, because I got to experience an international regatta: the Pacific Coast Championship. If you want to know more go on www.USODA.com

The Mexicans, the Singaporeans, and a team from Utah where competing against sailors from California. I think that a regatta like this is really aggressive, especially the start, because we where 71 on the starting line. 

I was really happy, because I did a roll tack perfectly, and that at one race I finished 40th (which is really good, given that I started racing 1 year ago, and didn’t sail the Opti this summer). There were 7 races, that last 1hour each, and the regatta was over 2 days: that’s a lot of time on the water! The guys that were with me last year at the RYC finished 62nd and 71th over the whole regatta… and I was 52th overall :-). 

If you want to know what is a roll tack go on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TfGALHmzig.


PS: did you notice the new Scality logo? It isn't official before October 16th :-)









2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am very impressed that you chose and international regatta as first one. Congratulations for the score. And the Scality logo looks really great there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quelle persévérance !! bravo pour ton score aussi,et pour cet enthousiasme qui va te porter encore plus loin, encore plus vite, encore plus haut :) love you marraine

    ReplyDelete